Mission Statement: Audit & Compliance Services
It is the mission of the Mount Sinai Health Partners IPA, LLC (MSHP) Audit & Compliance Services Department to ensure that the Institution upholds its commitment to legal and ethical conduct by all faculty and staff. In support of this mission, the Boards of Trustees have approved the Mount Sinai Health Partners IPA, LLC. Compliance Program, which sets forth the following principal activities of the Department:
- Maintain and update MSHP’s Code of Conduct and Business Ethics (the Code)
- Centralize MSHP’s efforts to help prevent and detect illegal and unethical behavior and to establish appropriate discipline for violations of the Code.
- Identify regulatory and other risks to MSHP and provide advice and direction to Senior Management and Staff on mitigation of such risks.
- Establish compliance awareness and responsibility in every employee through compliance training.
- Monitor MSHP’s activities to ensure that the compliance policies are effective and recommend corrective action when necessary
To learn more, please review our MSHP Compliance Education presentation. You may also view our HIPAA Education presentation.
Reporting of Violations
Staff are required to come forward with any information regarding an actual or possible violation of the Code of Conduct or institutional policy, and cooperate fully in the investigation of any alleged violation.
Reports should be made either in person, by telephone or in writing to any of the following:
- Your Supervisor (if applicable)
- The MSHP Compliance Office: 212-241-3211
- The MSHP Compliance Hotline: 1-866-321-MSHP (6747) available (24 hours a day, 7 days, including holidays) to all staff to discuss con cerns about possible violations of the law or institutional policy. Callers can remain anonymous and there shall be no reprisals for good faith re porting of actual or possible violations of the Code.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org